In my latest segment on Global’s The Morning Show (video below), I debunked six common reading myths and misconceptions with hosts Jeff McArthur and Carolyn MacKenzie:
- Reading is natural
- All kids learn to read differently
- Reading to your kids teaches them to read
- If your child doesn’t know a word they should guess
- Your child’s reading level is the best indicator of their progress
- If a child is struggling to read, it’s best to wait and see if they’ll catch up
Check out the video for all the details!