Whether you’re having company for breakfast or just want a yummy casserole to share with your family, the Lazy Daisy is for you! This recipe combines toast, eggs, bacon and cheese (you can use whatever versions you wish, e.g., low fat cheese, whole grain bread, different meat) and is prepared the night before to make the morning meal easy and mess free! (It’s even easier when you give the task to your kids!)
Note: I have no idea where this recipe originally came from, so please tell me if you know where credit is due!
- Take 16 slices of bread. Cut off crusts and butter.
2. Line bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan with half of the bread.
3. Place layer of cooked bacon on top of bread.
4. Sprinkle 8 oz shredded cheese on top.
5. Place the rest of the bread on top.
6. Beat 6 eggs with 3 cups milk. Pour mixture over top.
7. Refrigerate for 8 hours (overnight).
8. Cook at 350 for 45 minutes. Ours served 6 people, with hashbrowns and a fruit tray on the side. Enjoy!