Of course your pharmacist can fill prescriptions. Everyone knows that. But in honour of Pharmacist Awareness Month, I’m sharing some lesser-known services that your pharmacist can take care of for you…and the chance to win a $500 Shoppers Drug Mart gift card!!
Now, did you know that your pharmacist can…
- Administer flu shots?
- Administer other vaccines, such travel vaccines (how I wish I needed some of these right now) and the shingles shot?
- Renew and extend prescriptions?
- Provide advice on diet/healthy eating/cholesterol/high blood pressure?
- Provide support for managing diabetes, such as helping you select a blood glucose monitor and helping you understand how to use insulin and insulin pumps?
- Provide advice on over-the-counter medications?
Entries will be judged by the following criteria:
The contest judging panel will judge the qualified entries
based on how the story best reflects the themes of the Love Your Pharmacist
Online Contest. The pharmacist submitted must be a Shoppers Drug Mart, Real
Canadian Superstore or Real Atlantic Superstore pharmacist. The Love Your
Pharmacist Online Contest themes require a pharmacist:
1. Demonstrating a caring approach
2. Using an expanded scope of practice service
3. Making a difference to the health of the patient, child or parent
4. Going over and above what the customer would have expected