We know kids love Lego, and The Brick Bible For Kids series by Brendan Powell Smith (fully illustrated with Lego scenes) is a fantastic way to introduce them to powerful Bible stories.
When I was sent Joseph and the Colorful Coat for review, I decided to read it to my students (few were familiar with the story) and let them speak for themselves…so here’s what they had to say.
What they liked:
- the detailed Lego pictures
- that is was a real story (non-fiction)
- that it wasn’t normal drawings
- that it has a happy ending (sorry for the spoiler)
- how there’s a (find-the-Lego-piece) activity at the end of the book for kids
- how the Lego people are in different positions and have different expressions
- how the brothers became nice