Of course I want the obvious, altruistic things for Christmas:
1. World peace
2. End to cancer (and all disease, while we’re at it)
3. Every child well-fed and well-read (I was going to say no child hungry or illiterate, but the rhyming is much more catchy).
Today, though, I’m sharing my selfish, silly, materialistic dream list, just for your amusement.
1. Clarisonic Mia
The Clarisonic Mia 2 Sonic Cleansing System was recommended to me by my esthetician at Euphoria Wellness Spa, and I’m a sucker for anything that might improve my skin. I know Olay and Clinque make similar products – I wonder if the results are the same? (This is your prompt to let me know if you’ve tried any of them!)
Note: Since I first drafted this post, I learned that I’m going to have a chance to work with a very well-respected beauty company to review some skin care products in the new year. I can’t wait to share my experience with you!
2. A classic Smythe Jacket
I fell in love with Smythe jackets several years ago when I discovered designer Sarah Richardson, who was wearing them on almost every episode of her TV shows. (You can read my interview with Sarah here.) Her sidekick Tommy Smythe’s sister Christie Smythe (with Andrea Lenczner) founded the Canadian label, worn by celebs like Sarah Jessica Parker, Rachel McAdams, Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock and even Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge! Alas, they are not in my price range.
3. Christian Louboutin Black Pumps
It’s a DREAM list, remember? I wouldn’t really want to spend two months of my family’s grocery budget on one pair of shoes. Though actually, I’m being practical here choosing something really wearable, as opposed to some of the more colourful (and skyscraper-height) designs out there. Having these shoes would mean that when I’m on TV, I can cross my legs and the trademark red bottoms will catch everyone’s eye. Because of course that sort of thing really matters to the viewers of CHEX Daily, right?
Some runner-up gifts (which I may actually see under my tree):
- A Fitbit. My mom has been using one, and what I love best is how it can track your sleep – so much more important to me than my exercise!
- “All My Puny Sorrows” by Miriam Toews. I keep seeing this book recommended on Twitter (by people who have the same taste in books as I do).
- “Wild” by Cheryl Strayed. I’ll admit it, I’m much more interested now that Reese Witherspoon portrays the author in the feature film.
What would be on your fantasy Christmas list? I’m sure you’ve been busy shopping for all of your loved ones…why not take a minute to dream about what you would like to receive?