When I was asked to be part of the Walmart Frugal Heroes Challenge, I couldn’t resist! Bloggers were provided with $100 challenges to choose from, or given the option to come up with our own. Some of the suggestions:
- Feed your family of four for 4 days on $100
- Dress two children for summer on $100
- Get a head-to-toe summer outfit for either mom or dad for $100
- Decorate your outdoor living space for $100
- Redecorate a bedroom or family room for $100
- Host a child’s birthday party with 5 guests for $100
As tempting as the other options were (especially as I saw other bloggers’ posts/tweets going out), my kids have tons of summer clothes, we just finished picking up outdoor accessories and girls’ rooms aren’t due to be redone for a bit. So I decided to shop for myself, and committed to the “Head To Toe Outfit” challenge.
I hit my nearest Walmart, fortunately alone, but on a timeline due to plans later in the evening, so I had to focus! As I began to browse, I decided to tweak my challenge slightly. Instead of going with one head-to-toe outfit, I would try to pick up all of the “Summer Style” items I had on my list, keeping under the $100 cap. Here’s how I did:
Colourful Dress (I love this one, and green is a different colour for me!)
Were you part of the Walmart Frugal Heroes Challenge? I’d love for you to leave a comment below with your challenge and a link to your post. I can’t wait to check out how everyone else fared!